When I saw a video on how to make these on Facebook, I couldn’t believe I hadn’t thought of making cookies like this before! Who doesn’t love to dunk warm, delicious cookies into a refreshing glass of milk? Original Recipe from Cookies & Cups
½ cup butter
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1¾ cups all purpose flour
1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line you largest baking sheet with parchment paper, minimum 14×17. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt the butter. Add both sugar and stir to combine. Let this cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla, egg, baking soda, and salt until smooth. Stir in the flour until combined and finally the chocolate chips (I used regular ones rather than minis).
- In the middle of the baking tray, place your dough and flatten it out into a rectangle. Try to make it as even throughout at possible. As it cooks, it will expand so if you don’t have a baking tray large enough, you can divide the dough in half and do it on two separate trays.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the insides are set.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then using a pizza cutter or knife, slice into sticks and then leave them on the baking sheet until they are completely cooled. The longer they sit the stiffer the cookie stick will be which will make dunking them easier.
The original recipe said to divide the dough in half right away and cook it using two separate rectangles of dough but I didn’t see the need to do that. I baked just one large rectangle and it came out really well. If anything, just be careful to make sure that the middle is cooked all the way through so if you feel it needs just a few extra minutes in the oven, do so. HOWEVER, my cookies came out really thick, which, I enjoy but it’s not for everyone. If you want thinner cookies, then I would suggest doing two rectangles.
These tasted amazing and were a hit during a family get together. I will definitely make them again. I also made M&M cookies in the same format which also tasted amazing.
What are your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes? Any other cookies I should try?