Wow, my first Blogger Award Nomination! Thank you so much to Christine from Mindful + Fresh for the nomination! I always saw so many other people posting about their nominations and I never thought that I would get one. It’s always nice to meet other Montrealers, but this blog has also introduced me to several other amazing people worldwide, and I think it’s pretty amazing.
Sunshine Blogger Award
What is it?
“The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are inspiring and bring sunshine into the lives of their readers and fellow bloggers. It is such an honor to receive!”- via Frugal on the Prairie (where I first heard about the Sunshine Blogger Award)
Thank the person that nominated you
Answer the questions from the person that nominated you
Nominate some other bloggers for this award
Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated
Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
- What is your favorite culinary tradition? I absolutely love cooking but I haven’t started traditions of my own yet. For now, I will say having a delicious Turkey dinner on Christmas Eve. My sister and I would do a show for our parents where I would be “Jo-dini” and do magic tricks, we would sing, dance, tap, the list goes on. I think that is the best tradition I’ve ever experienced. From rehearsals to the dinner and then doing the show… food, family and love all go hand in hand for me. *Way to make me emotional on the first question, Christine!*
- How many pairs of shoes do you own and what type is most reoccurring? Oh My Gosh, I am so not a “chick” when it comes to this! I wear flip flops for as long as possible throughout the year. Other than my “go-to” pair of flip flops, I have two pairs of boots, two pairs of booties, a pair of sneakers for running, and my favorite pair of black heels.
- Where is your dream travel destination? Bali. Bali. Bali. Eat, Pray, Love changed my life and it almost feels like I’ll only ever get peace once I travel to Bali. I even wrote posts about it.
- Where is your dream location to live (if financially secure for life!)? Well, I can’t say Bali since I haven’t been there yet, I suppose. I think I have always wanted to live in places I haven’t visited yet (BC, Ireland, Australia). If I had to choose somewhere that I have been, I would have to say Cape Cod. It’s the best of two worlds- you have amazing beaches, yet I would still get Montreal Seasons), although- California is in the Top 5.
- What was your childhood nickname? I had several: Joey, Josephine, Jo, Jojo (only a select few can call me that), Peanut, Cashew, Pip, Joeyfanna, Joanna Banana- I had many and most of them have followed me into adulthood.
- In your opinion, why do you feel there are tensions between the US and every country in the world. (Not necessarily politically) Oy, I am not the person to ask about this… Can I skip a question? My answer will either be really short or start a rant- let’s just not go there. 😉
- What is your favorite book and author? Another tough question- there’s just too many! I love reading. The ones that come to mind first though, are Catcher in the Rye by J.D Salinger and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (I’m reading Go Set a Watchman now).
- How many languages do you speak and which ones? Not enough. English is my mother tongue, I speak French (not well, even for living in QC unfortunately. I just don’t feel like I’m supposed to be living here.) I took Spanish for four years and don’t remember too much of it. I am Finnish so I can say a few things but man, it’s so complicated.. and I started to learn Italian (such a hot language) but just on Duolingo… haha
- What made you want to blog? Many things! It did start because of Julie & Julia, I thought, “I could do that too!” and that was a big inspiration for me. I think it also started just because it was an amazing outlet for me. I cook to help handle emotions, I write about it because I think other people can relate. I like reading about people and their experiences from around the world and maybe someone, somewhere, wants to read more about a girl from Montreal who loves to cook.
- Coffee or Tea? Tea. Tea. Tea. Tea!!! I can’t drink coffee- the closest thing I can drink is a French Vanilla. I do love how coffee smells though!
- What’s your zodiac sign? Virgo! I was born on Sept 15th at 11:11 PM. 11:11 makes wishes come true, right? 😉
- What is your favorite season, and why?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Favorite musical artist?
- What is your Favorite meal to share with loved ones?
- Saturday Night Live, Madtv or neither?
- What is your favorite film?
- Would you ever want to come to Montreal (if you don’t already live here)? If you do live here, what would you tell people to convince them to come?
- If you could meet one person dead or alive, who would it be?
- If you had advice for any other blogger, or bloggers just starting out, what would it be?
- If you could be anything, what would it be? Whether it be a profession, another person, an animal, an element, be creative!
- Since this is the “sunshine” award, what brings the most sunshine to your life?
My (talented) Nominees:
Tania from Cars and Cooking
Joffrey from mtlfunctionalfitness
Matt and/or Tony from 2 Guys, Movies & A Mic
Tim from Carlinwasright
Carolina from Carolinne’s World
Nandini from Goan Imports
Jessica from Turquoise Compass
John from storytimewithjohn
Again, thank you so much for nominating me Christine, it means so much to me- I would add you as #9 in my nominee list 😉 .
To every blogger out there who may think you’re not reaching out to people- you have no idea how far your words reach. That is what this whole journey has taught me. If you feel like you’re not getting any followers? Who cares? Write your posts for YOU. If it helps you cope with things, clear your mind, whatever the case may be- don’t stop. If it helps you, keep going- the friends you make along the way are a huge bonus.
Much love to everyone from little ole me in Montreal, (I can’t wait to read your own nominations and the answers to my questions nominees!)